Lee Brick and Tile began its operations in 1951 after Hugh Perry and 10 local businessmen from Lee County decided three years prior to invest in the business of brickmaking. In the late 1950's Hugh Perry bought out the investing partners, making Lee Brick a solely owned and operated family company.
Hugh Perry named his son Frank president in 1970, which he served until 1999 and currently serves as CEO. Since 1999 Don Perry succeeded his father and serves as the company's president. Frank Perry, along with his sons Don and Gil, and brother-in-law JR (Rad) Holton have helped guide the family business through revolutionary changes in brick manufacturing that few people in the ceramic industry could have ever anticipated.
1951 - Original plant consisted of 2 6-brick wide Miller kilns
1972 - Plant 1 constructed with a capacity of 35 million brick per year
1986 - Plant 2 constructed increased production to 70 million brick
1998 - Plant 3 constructed increased production to 115 million brick
2006 - Plant 4 completed giving Lee Brick production of 165 million brick